news / to do
No news is good news. 2015 edition.
future development (sic)
A running list of bugs and enhancement ideas to possibly work on
content - fun/gameplay features to work on:
- more Zork references
- Distant Woods
- haiku (verb?)
- read verb
- change verb (edit avatar, etc?)
- sounds - chat, manual, etc.
- player photos/avatars (animated? build your own?)
- avatar upload
- proper room images, more art
- more emoticons, secret emoticons, admin-only emoticon?
- Canvas 1st-person view / chars? / isometric?
- points - action-based, statement/task points!
- quests/challenges tasks for level. reveal next mission or two. smile at an apple
- wisdom(/energy/health/hit) points? (coins already, but can spend)
- Levels - 32 levels (based on percentage of rooms visited? quests/challenges? points?)
- 12 guilds? teams for quests/battle?
- friends list with acquaintance levels?
- more npc interaction
- more object actions, more to buy
- more rooms
- home / rent / property-own / payday / closet-storage
- true TRADE feature (verb/code/auth/price)
- verbs - decide (quest), send…
- verb - tip (barmaid)
- enter Tardis
- jelly baby/babies
- ! doorway out of space, in corner for 20 seconds at top of hour. Reward 100 coins for now?
verb - wait (to allow for spawning, growth, transformation, serendipity)- for now object - leaf count leaves 69105-for now peach soda – the good kind (GNE)
content - functional features to work on:
- need to truly ajaxify whohere, whoall, avatars, and who tables
- cookies & milk
- no shirt no shoes no service
- trains to other towns?
- spaceport travel to other planets
- alien world realm
- canadian tuxedo effect = eh!
- private chat. rooms/messages/board/popout?
- tab extra info layout?
- to do: /nick nickname, ajax rename
- verbose command?
- open verb functionality
- PayPal donations support continued game development, upgrades, added content. $5 = Citizen. $10 or more will get you an uncommon, valuable game commodity. Five of those = one very rare, powerful item.
- e-mail activation, codes, 180-day deletion if necessary.
- captcha - on contact, reg? etc.
- limit carryable items (number? some weigh more?)
- location message boards
- vending machines!
- verbs - allow short 3 or 4 char substitutions, */? wildcards
- creatures [NPCs]
- full rooms / get in line
- random generated stuff (NPC conversation, spawned objects, etc).
- more NPC interaction, flirt Abdul? Litter cops NPC
- show command - to display pics?
- links in speech (ext)
- nouns - make objects case-insensitive (findCase = almost ready!)
- nouns - separate people/places/things
- look into adding 'Textile' module for input
- fix 'take 6 broken glass'
- move map (6-way)
fix throw count10226
technical features to work on:
- aggregate sessions
- noun synonyms, such as Umamicatessin
true PHP 5 XML dom
- overhaul timekeeping! fix gd srvr err
- better use of JQuery, UI, Sizzle, etc.
extract rest of the verbs!
- array stats once for re-use, quicker
integrate history into main script and rebuild functionize articlestrip rearrange articlestrip order, save some for output?
- log last 12 IPs in xml
fix case issue on IP command (test-done?)
- array_splice() that xml
- nonsense verbs?
xml xsd stats
- rebuild logs tool
- limit user names to 15 or 30 chars?? did 100 for now.
limit status to 33 (before makeSmiley)? 40?
- admin gets e-mail when user logs in (+registers too?) exclude spammy / alert?
- deny 'ringtone' and 'zda' (ma###zda)?
ajax- up that chat command screen!
- keep alive (admin only, or option?)
- track uploads
- predictive command autocompletion??
- mouseenter emoticons (or accordion)
- use tabs to fit more screens in layout!
- dynamicize the idle time seconds (Here rollup, who, etc.) ᰬ halfway done, current user only.
current bugs to squash:
- bug - now not seeing things at first load. seen as '.\'
- ~bug - that role - sess-role thing - load()?
- bug - time parsing is weird
- bug - give/to is not working right now
- bug - ?find room destroying bug - give or take or drop?
- bug - find room logging bugs - they mess up format, break things
Please send enhancement suggestions through the Contact Form.